School transportation special circuits
The Cantal Department Council, in accordance with its decentralized competence, organizes and manages the school transport for 4000 students of the department between their municipality of residence and their school.
To foster proximity to the users and to integrate the specificities of each territory to develop its transport policy, the Department actively cooperates with 18 Cantal Town Communities that ensure the role of the Gestionnaire de Proximité des Transports Scolaires (GPTS).
The county will being to guarantee every child access to school transportation and to include this policy in an innovative approach, here are the news of the season:
PAY your bill online.
a unique fare of 120 euros for every school half-boarders of the department.
Who can benefit from school transportation special circuits ?
All students enrolled from kindergarten to the final year of high school, can claim the support of all or part of the journey home / school under certain conditions:
- be resident in the Cantal;
The Departmental Regulations of Transportation specifies in detail the taking-in-charge students terms.
Families participate in the cost of transportation up to a departmental single tariff of 120€ for half-boarder students and 75€ boarder students. The family share is cashed by the Department. An online payment platform is available to users for a cashless payment by credit card.
Where to find help?
To request information or to get an application form, the priority interlocutor for families is the Towns Community who took the role, alongside the Department, of the Gestionnaire de Proximité des Transports Scolaires (GPTS).
GPTS: What does it mean? What is it? What's the point?
GPTS: Gestionnaire de Proximité des Transports Scolaires. It is the local contact person under the administrative management of students and school transport circuits. GPTS list
Transmission of the families registration printed, collection, verification and instruction registrations in compliance with the Regulations Departmental Transportation.
Active participation in the definition of stops locations and optimization of circuits, control in the field.
Ensure compliance with safety regulations in transportation, enforce the rules on safety and student discipline inside the vehicle, as well as breakpoints in the boarding and drop-off of the students, with application if necessary of sanctions laid set up in the departmental regulations transport.
Special circuits school transport: How much? Who pays what?
On a budget of almost 8.7€ million dedicated to transport, 4.6€ million are assigned exclusively to school special circuits. The Department Council finances up to 88% of school transport circuits. The remaining 12% is borne by the GPTS.